Search This Blog

Is Our Food Supply Safe?



Seems like each day we wake up with another food recall. I am becoming more thankful for my A&M degree in Agriculture and my father teaching me to raise a garden. I can't understand why the produce coming from the most environmental state we have is having the most problems. Today it is Metz Fresh Spinach.

A few weeks back it was Casleberry's canned meat products. I actually had one in my pantry. (see pic) I checked my local Wal-Mart to see if they had pulled the products and at first they hadn't so the next day I visited with the manager. He and I checked and All products were pulled. He even took my recall can and showed me how the check out register would catch any recalled item and it did, (thanks Tim).

What would we do if all the grocery stores were closed for weeks?
I have begun to research the possibility of establishing a farmers market in Tomball. My first post in Craig's List asking for any input on the subject returned one response. If you want to contribute please contact me. Austin has a very good farmers market program. The market could also have a recycle center. Wouldn't it be something for Tomball to be known as a Green City, Bruce?

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

I DO NOT CLAIM OWNERSHIP OF ALL PHOTOS AND ARTWORK USED IN THIS BLOG OR IT'S CONTENT.

Not open yet DONATIONS FOR CONTAINER HOMES

TexasContainerHomes.Org

TexasContainerHomes.Org
Charity For Veterans With Needs

UNDER CONSTRUCTION Purpose of our Charity

Not Open Yet Help us raise money for our first Container Home.

SPEAKEASY SPEED TEST

Speakeasy Speed Test